What are the differences?
All Red Palm Oil is Not the Same
FRUIT OIL VS. KERNEL OIL
Sunshine Factor is red palm oil, but it is made from the palm fruit, not the kernel. Each red palm tree yields more palm kernel oil than fruit oil, which makes the fruit oil more valuable. Many lesser quality red palm oil products are diluted with the more abundant red palm kernel oil. Palm kernel oils do not have the same beneficial properties and will not yield the same health benefits for pets as Sunshine Factor.
Sunshine Factor is a sustainable agricultural product grown on long established farms. It is not harvested from tropical rainforests in locations where burning for new plantations continues to add to the destruction of tropical rainforests and threaten endangered wildlife. Our farms are members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). They are also certified as Fair Trade farms, where workers are paid a fair wage.
SUNSHINE FACTOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- Sunshine Factor is extracted from the pulp of the fruit of the palm tree Elaeis guineensis.
- Omega-3 Sunshine Factor is red palm fruit oil enhanced with perilla seed oil for extra omega-3 fatty acid levels (ALA—a precursor to DHA and EPA4) – 2400 mg per Tbs.
- All Sunshine Factor products are hand-crafted in small batches to ensure the best quality possible. They do not contain any trans fats, artificial colors or additives and are free of any GMOs. Our refining process and finished products are all preservative- and chemical-free. Due to the natural antioxidants (tocotrienols) and their low content of linolenic acid (C18:3), this oil is very stable against oxidation.
COLOR AND SOLIDITY VARIATIONQUALITY ASSURANCE
Because Sunshine Factor is a natural product, color and solidity may vary from batch to batch. The consistency is temperature-dependent. It is semi-solid at ambient temperatures. Scientific analysis is conducted on each batch of Sunshine Factor to ensure consistency of composition. Phase separation is a natural property of Sunshine Factor due to its typical composition, with approximately 50% saturated fatty acids, 40% monounsaturated fatty acids and 10% polyunsaturated fatty acids. It may also contain solidified fat particles called stearin (“white balls”); this is a normal occurrence.
Our red palm fruit supplier owns and manages the sustainable palm plantations, which enables us to provide you with products that meet the utmost stringent quality and traceability, evident in our compliance to HACCP, ISO22000:2005, GMP Codex and ISO9001:2008 standards. Being vertically integrated, quality control is closely supervised and monitored—from the plantation and milling stages to packaging. This integration ensures quality of all products supplied from the farm to the market place. Sunshine Factor is thoroughly tested for freshness and purity. Sunshine Factor is also certified Kosher.
GLASS VS. PLASTIC
Sunshine Factor is bottled in glass containers, which helps prevent leaching contamination issues and preserves freshness. Palm fruit oil becomes liquid at 80°F (27°C), and melting is sometimes recommended for dosing. Therefore, we specifically do not use plastic containers, as toxins may leach out and be absorbed into the oil.
TOCOPHEROLS AND TOCOTRIENOLS
Vitamin E consists of two therapeutic groups of vitamin complex compounds: tocopherols and tocotrienols. Each group comprises four different isomers—alpha, beta, gamma and delta; each has a different biological activity and therapeutic benefit. Sunshine Factor and Omega-3 Sunshine Factor are high in natural tocopherols and tocotrienols. Tocopherols are present in most vegetable oils and are more common than tocotrienols, which are found at high concentrations in Sunshine Factor. Tocotrienols have significantly better antioxidant capabilities than tocopherols. The primary function of vitamin E is to defend cell membranes from oxidation, and the superior protective value of tocotrienol isomers over their tocopherol counterparts is due to better uptake into the cell membranes.1
SUNSHINE FACTOR BENEFITS
Vitamin precursors from natural sources have been found to have more potent positive health benefits and fewer side effects than those from synthetic sources.
- Is a whole food source of carotenoids (precursors to natural vitamin A, including alpha-carotenes, beta-carotenes, lycopene and at least 20 other carotenes)
- Is a non-synthetic source of 6 forms of vitamin E. In addition to 2 forms of tocopherols, Sunshine Factor contains all 4 of the tocotrienols (super potent vitamin E), which have 60 times the antioxidant activity of the tocopherols
- Is a natural, rich source of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
- Supplies fatty acids essential for proper growth
- Is packed with vitamin K, squalene, phytosterols, flavonoids, phenolic acids, glycolipids and phytonutrients important for optimum health
- Is beneficial for all aspects of the skin, coat or plumage, including dry skin, dull hair or brittle feathers
- May benefit the animal’s eyes and heart
- May improve the animal’s energy level, particularly in geriatric, pediatric or weak patients
- May improve the effectiveness of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs
- Is easy to administer because animals like the taste
- Is safe and effective for all species (dogs, cats, other mammals, birds, reptiles) without any side effects
Omega-3 Sunshine Factor:
Contains 2400 mg omega-3 fatty acids per 1 Tbs
May help lower the risk of certain disorders, such as heart disease, cancer and arthritis
May improve cognitive and behavioral functions
May help improve circulation and reduce inflammation
Is an efficient vegetarian source of omega-3 fatty acids
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
Sunshine Factor may be stored in the refrigerator or cabinet away from direct sunlight. Use before “Best by” date located on the bottom of the bottle. The omega-3 blend should be used within 8 weeks after opening. Our proprietary formula contains all 4 tocotrienols, which serve as natural preservatives. This action ensures increased stability and extended shelf life and provides beneficial antioxidants without artificial preservatives.
References and Further Reading
1. Theriault A, Chao J, et al. Tocotrienol: A review of its therapeutic potential. Clin Biochem 32(5):309-319, 1999.
2. Sundram K, Sambanthamurthi R, Tan YA: Palm fruit chemistry and nutrition. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 12(3):355-62, 2003.
3. Boateng J, Verghese M, Chawan CB, et al: Red palm oil suppresses the formation of azoxymethane (AOM) induced aberrant crypt foci (ACF) in Fisher 344 male rats. Food Chem Toxicol. Oct;44(10):1667-73, 2006.
4. Barceló-Coblijn G, Murphy EJ: Alpha-linolenic acid and its conversion to longer chain n-3 fatty acids: benefits for human health and a role in maintaining tissue n-3 fatty acid levels. Prog Lipid Res. 2009 Nov;48(6):355-374.
Click here for complete references
Click here to order Sunshine Factor